Sunday, January 22, 2017

The Return

The Return

Sunday, January 22, 2017


First off, I just want to say that I have no idea why in the world I stopped posting my blogs on here. From the start writing my thoughts, emotions, concerns and fears down for this blog has been very therapeutic for me. I would like to continue with this “therapy” and what better time than the start of a new chapter in the TTC novel my husband and I have been living the last 4 plus years. So, this post will serve as a catch up on our journey.
The last time we talked it was March 2015, so we are currently almost two years later and not much has changed but at the same time a lot has changed. Let me explain. The thing that hasn’t changed; the hubby and I still have not been blessed with a child and we took a long hiatus because of many personal issues. However, we are currently trying but haven’t seen a doctor recently for it yet. My first appointment is tomorrow and some slightly miraculous things have occurred in the last few weeks. But before we get there let me catch you up on our lives.
Since my last post, we have been let go from jobs, then acquired positions at new jobs all while still living in Texas. We were devastated after the loss of my husband job after layoffs happened at his company. However, God works in mysterious ways. This led to my husband’s employment at Lowe’s here in Texas. A small miracle that would later lead to something fantastic (we will get there shortly). While dealing with that we were also dealing with my grandfather and his illness and then passing. To say that this hit me hard would be the biggest understatement ever. Those who know me personally know that I literally grew up next door to my grandparents on a long slightly secluded dirt road in my home town in Florida. I spent my mid to late childhood running barefoot from my house to my grandparents’ house daily seeing my grandfather practically every day. So, the loss of the patriarch of our large family was devastating and extremely hard for me. This even gave way to my deep desire to go home. To move back to my hometown in Florida.




Let us re-visit my husband’s job with the Lowes company. When we visited our hometown for the funeral of my beloved grandfather we discovered something amazing. They were building a brand-new Lowes store! My brain went automatically to the chance he could be transferred when the store opened. I think you can see where this is going! Long story short we now live back home in St. Augustine, Florida where we are currently researching building a new home. We both have fantastic jobs and are extremely happy. Except for a health issue I had during the fall and winter this past year everything is wonderful. What better time to start trying to conceive again? We now live in a place that has wonderful, knowledgeable doctors who specialize in PCOS and we are also in a better place financially. God most definitely works in mysterious ways.


So here we are. Tomorrow is my first appointment with my new doctor who is a Reproductive Endocrinologist and their clinic specializes in PCOS and the issues this brings to fertility. I am hopeful and excited to start this journey with them. My next post will be about other miracles that have happened in the last few weeks. Trust me stay tuned it is exciting. At least I think so! 




No comments:

Post a Comment